July Bee Block


I had so much fun sewing this wonky house block for Muriël for our Sew Buzzy Bee. The measurements are odd, the angles are odd, and I mostly just winged it. I learned so much out of this experience, and I only had to rip out two seams along the way. Next time I'll have to plan ahead for a little counter-clockwise movement to balance out the block, but I'm pretty proud of this one for a first house block ever.

Here are some detail close ups.

I hope you are having a fun and creative weekend!
.

6 comments:

Tania said...

Which just goes to show that 'winging it' is absolutely the way to go in the pursuit of wonk! It's utterly fabulous.

perchesinthesoul said...

very cute

melissa said...

oh my goodness - i just love everything about this!! it's perfect perfect! and especially the little squirrel. love it!!

Muriël said...

I love your house! It's really cute in person too!!!

Erin said...

Wow that house is awesome! That little squirrel is perfect! Thanks for linking to my post today on QBB. :]

cmv said...

oh my goodness-- the squirrel? and the girl in the window? this is too cute! i love it!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)