But! I can show a lot of the process that got this quilt in motion.
First, I spent hours combing through quilting blogs and flickr groups to decide what I'd like to start with. Here is my inspiration quilt. I think it is a perfect way to allow my fellow bee members room for creativity, and for me to get blocks that I wouldn't have expected.
Then I had to pick fabrics. I love color so much, that I had a really hard time weeding out different shades that I didn't want to use. (I had a stack of red fabrics and a stack of white background fabrics that I rejected for the final draft.) I took pictures of these fabrics on top of 4 different fabrics, and I sent those photos to three trusted friends to get extra opinions before deciding on a background fabric. Finally, I settled on Kona cottom medium gray.
After cutting up the chunks of fabric to send out, I decided to try a few blocks in order to test out the tutorials. I liked the blocks so much, that I had to stop so I could let my bee members have room to create. I knew I'd have to make a number of blocks myself to finish the quilt.
I started putting the finished blocks up on my wall two days ago, and now I've sashed and sewn together four blocks. It looks so cool that I almost can't wait to show you!