A string of strings

A string block is one made from the skinny little bits of fabric that you usually can't use anywhere else.  Two of my bee partners for October asked for string blocks made from fabric they sent plus bits of fabric from my stash.

Here are the four 8.5" square blocks I made for mikamc.


The bright fabrics were a lot of fun to work with.  Doesn't that block scream "Summer!" to you?

Then I made a 12.5" square block for KnitterG in the May Moms Bee. She chose Nicey Jane fabrics in all of the colorways for her quilt.  I got to make a square with the cool blues and a little green.

Once I added a few fabrics from my stash, I fell head over heels for this block in this style with these fabrics.


I now know exactly what I'll be sending out in December for my Sew Easy Being Green Bee. I want a whole quilt just like this block.
.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

ME TOO! Those colors are phenomenal!

It's great seeing all your projects. Thanks for blogging!

melissa said...

wowza!! what stunning blocks!

i love them both, but the second one is more my color palette. i can't wait to see all your blocks coming in after december!!

Anna said...

Both blocks are gorgeous!!!

Sarah said...

I love love love the brightly colored block! I'm almost tempted to change my plan for wonky squares into a string quilt now.

Lindsey said...

You are really inspiring me to learn to quilt. I love these designs and colors!

knitting said...

so much fun! i love the stripes. you are so making me want to dust off my sewing machine (poor poor neglected sewing machine). perhaps once i get past this christmas knitting sweatshop...

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)