As if I'm not busy enough...

...Lynne from Lily's Quilts had to tempt me with a quilt along.  The reasons not to participate are as long as my to-do list.  But, the reasons to join in tipped the scales: gorgeous quilt pattern, fantastic inspirational quilter leading it (click and then don't wash your eyeballs for at least a week), a chance to learn to sew curves (!),  more jaw-dropping inspiration in the Lily's Quilts flickr group, and seemingly innocent quilting question threads that unexpectedly send your mind into the gutter (I'm not linking that, you'll have to find it yourself).  Do you see why I couldn't turn it down?

This is the first quilt project that I felt really free to dig deep in the fabric stash to pull all of the lovely bits together.  It took a little help from a friend (thanks Melissa!) to give me some direction.  But I feel like I'm on a roll now.  The to-do list will be there next week.

mini quilt stack for QAL

4 comments:

tusen said...

beautiful fabrics. I can't wait to see your dresdens :)

Kerry said...

Fabric definitely talks! These ones are saying very happy things. My favourite bit is right in the middle, the white on pink polkas (Kei?), the Lakehouse garden print and the FMF blue bouquet.

Quilter in the Gap said...

Very nice fabric choices. Can't wait to see the progression.

melissa said...

oh i love the fabrics you've chosen for this.
you are so good with the colors.

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)