WIP Wednesday #3

I took a couple of weeks off from WIP Wednesday posts. I blame that darn Farmer's Wife Quilt Along (FWQAL). Swearing off new projects and then the next day picking up a project that will take me over a year is counterintuitive to say the least.

In other news, I've found 1 more project that was lazing around the house. I still fear what I'll find when I dig deeper into the studio. But, I don't have to worry about that now that I'm sifting through my stash for the FWQAL blocks.  The fabric piles are multiplying like bunnies.

Anyway, today is another edition of WIP Wednesday hosted at Lee's place.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



New Projects

Fancy Block Friday--I think I might try my hand at this pattern.

FWQAL--8 out of 111 blocks done.
farmer's wife sampler, eight blocks


Ruby
Ruby

Currently in Progress


Tiny Houses May Mom's Bee Quilt--some sashing done, but no recent photo

Sew Buzzy Bee Quilt Top
top left corner







Easy Bee-ing Green Bee Quilt Top--a bunch of 1/4 blocks done this week.
working hard on my bee quilt

Dresden Quilt
all sewn up

Mom's Crazy Late Christmas Gift--new photos, coming soon.

Fandango Cooperative Quilt--gotta make the back.
fandango project wip


Henry's I Spy Quilt--I chose fabrics for the back.  Now I just need to find time to make the back. 
Henry's I spy wip


Finished This Week


Oliver's I Spy Quilt
Oliver's I Spy quilt

2 Bee Blocks and an Angel Block!
Angel Block for 3x6 caretaker block swap

block for Vanessa house block for innerpiece


Bee Blocks left to do = zero (which seems like a crazy number since I'm in 4 bees)


Languishing in the Pile

Hexie project that I just found in my bedroom (of all places).
I think I need to make this into a pillow soon.
hexies!


Gift Quilt (no peeking)

Pink and Red Baby Quilt
red and pink wip

Henry's Growth Chart
Henry's growth chart wip

Hand Pieced Ball--why does this have to be so lumpy???  Does anyone have hints for how to get this less lumpy?
hand pieced ball wip

Dream On postage stamp quilt along--this one seems prettier in the photo than in person.
What does that tell you?
dream on postage stamp wip


Grand Ideas for sometime soon...

Voile and Bamboo Quilt for me and only me.--I really want to use it this summer.  Better start sewing it then, huh?

Baby Miles' Swimmy Quilt



Stats:

New Projects: 2 sewing, 1 machine

Finished Projects: 1

Bee Blocks: 3 done, 0 left

Total Works: 7 (in progress) and 6 (languishing)

.............................................................................
Have you given in to any of the new QAL's out there?  Tell me that I'm not alone.  But *don't* tell me which ones you joined.  My resistance level is poor...

10 comments:

LynCC said...

OK, that fox block sure is cute. I can understand wanting to make it! Really love the string blocks and the hexies. :D

Carla said...

The fox is darling! You have accomplished a lot this past week. I am humbled. All your blocks, including the bee blocks, are so pretty.

Amy said...

very nice things you are working on.

Melissa said...

Ruby is beautiful, of course. And I love your hexagons-in-the-bedroom project! That's a really cute one. :)
And my favorite is still your Easy Bee-ing Green string blocks. I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Lily Boot said...

those flying foxes are beautiful, if your mother has given up on you, I'm happy to find a home for that crazy late christmas present and the Farmers wife blocks - I've resisted so far but your colours are soft and sweet .... swoon!

Selina Marie said...

Oh goodness, you have a lot going on! And I love ALL of it! Great job on your Farmer's Wife blocks too. I'm loving that QAL too, but yes, quite counter intuitive for me as well.

Kylie Lloyd said...

love the hexagons. Will want in anticipation for the finished cushion

Leanne said...

Wow, such beautiful work and so many fun things to work on, thank you for sharing.

audreypawdrey said...

I am so intrigued by the Farmer's Wife blocks-I am really thinking about joining this one! Your hexies are so cute, and it would make a great pillow! You should definitely make the fox!

Lee said...

Your FW blocks are fabulous! Scrappy but yet nicely coordinated. And I love the colors in the Sew Buzzy blocks.

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)