random tidbits...

1. New blog design.  I'm learning a lot from Pugly Pixel.

2. I've received some lovely ornaments from Heather, Leila and Wendy in the Trim the Tree Ornament Swap

ornaments received from trim the tree ornament swap


3. When I'm not working on other sewing projects, I'm still working on matching fabrics and cutting pieces for my Farmer's Wife Quilt Along blocks. I have nearly 40 blocks prepped here.

prepping blocks for the fwqal


4. I'm making lots of wool felt acorns. Two for this ornament and 20+ for some acorn garland. Just in time for next year's fall decoration.  I'm always a few months behind or even more months ahead...

angel ornament


5. We had a lovely Thanksgiving with just the three of us followed by some visits with dear friends.  My parents were also visiting this weekend.  During this season of gratitude, I've been thinking of how grateful I am for this space and for all of you.  I hope your holidays (and holiday crafting) go smoothly and are filled with joy.

9 comments:

Nic said...

Wow. That bundle of precut pieces is impressive!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

I like the blog design :) You are so organised cutting all those pieces! I like your method - must get some paperclips!!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Love the new blog design and I'm in awe of all your prepared blocks!

Angela {fussycut} said...

Those ornaments and acorns are beautiful. And that is a great, I can't believe how many blocks you have prepped! Jealous. :)

melissa said...

everything is looking fantastic!!
love the felted acorns! and how clever of you to plan 11months ahead!

Kerry said...

I have been looking at Pugly Pixel too, such a great place and your blog is looking very clean and fresh. Cannot believe those prepped blocks!

Anna said...

beautiful new look! i love it so much! very clean and fresh. wow, and all those blocks ready to go, holy cow worker bee! :)

piecemealquilts said...

Yikes, that's a stack of block you've got cut there! I like the spaciousness of your new layout.

Julie B. said...

I am loving all your Farmer's Wife quilt blocks. I just bought the book and can't wait to start sewing some blocks. Can you tell me your process? I notice you cut and paper clip pieces together first. I am feeling overwhelmed about my fabric. I want to pick fabric as I go but I want to make sure all the blocks go together once I've done 40 or so! I've read that some people use a binder to keep all there templates in number order too. Lots to think about...

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)