The things I do for art

legwarmers

I finished the legwarmers this week. It turns out that this project is nearly two years old, not one like I previously stated. But the funniest part of this story is the photo shoot. Ben rarely takes photos, so he needs a lot of direction behind the camera to get a blog-worthy shot. Also, I'd usually wear the legwarmers under jeans. I don't even own a winter skirt. So, I was either standing on a chair next to our tree in the front window of our house--in my underpants. Or, I was not so gracefully getting up and down from the chair to help Ben with the camera--still just in my underpants. Our neighbors across the street are in their seventies so let's all hope that their eyesight isn't very good....

The legwarmers are cute, though.

14 comments:

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

ha ha! I bet the neighbors enjoyed the show!
The legwarmers are very pretty!

Charise said...

Nice - Love the legwarmers!!!
If your neighbors DO have good eyesight, I'm sure they enjoyed the show : )

Charise said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cassie said...

haha that's great! Your legwarmers look really great! I am sure it feels good to have them finished after so long :)

melissa said...

you crack me up!
and the leg warmers look amazing! well worth the wait i'd say!

Prof. S said...

That's so funny; I cringe to think of the "free shows" I have given our neighbours over the years. And I console myself with the thought that just beyond the frame of every Craft Beautiful blog pic is the vacuum cleaner nudged aside, the remains of someone's breakfast, a grungy catnip mouse, or a blogger in her undies :)

Prof. S said...

Oh yeah, and as a fan of winter skirts, I love the leg warmers!

Suz said...

And one wonders why one wouldn't be standing in front of a Xmas tree, on a chair, in undies and leg warmers...

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Very cute!! Maybe next time it would be easier to pretend they're arm warmers!!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Very cute - I think you could have sold ticket to the knickers and leg warmers show though!

Freddie said...

Could get chilly without trousers. :-)

piecemealquilts said...

Thanks for the giggle, Melinda!

Kate said...

Those are beautiful!

Steph said...

Love these!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)