Huge Crafting Post

I've been crafting like a busy bee over here, but have been slacking in the photographing and blog posting departments. It doesn't help that we've had a very rainy couple of weeks which makes for poor lighting for the pictures. Anywho...

I recently finished a picnic blanket using vintage sheets and very loosely using the instructions from Amanda Blake Soule's book, Handmade Home. I love, love, love the prints and colors. I also love using sheets that I've collected over many years of shopping at secondhand stores. Yay for thrifting!



That project has gotten use on a picnic and in the backyard already.

I whipped up this hat in three days for a baby shower at work. It is the same pattern as Henry's green hat and I'm thinking of making him another one (bigger of course).



I've also been knitting popcorn! Why? Well, I found a pattern for knitted popcorn and cranberry garland at Knitpicks. I love the look of fresh popcorn and cranberry garland, but I don't like it when it starts to fade and fall apart. I also have the worst time not breaking the kernels when stringing the popcorn. Solution: knit it!



I should have some new baby sweater knits and some handmade stamps to post here soon. Until then, I'll be busy crafting and waiting for sunshine.

7 comments:

knittingsandwich said...

you HAVE been busy! the blanket is adorable- how lovely to spend a fall afternoon relaxing on such a wonderful blanket. the hat is adorable too- but the popcorn?! that is definitely the funniest thing i've seen in a long time! love it!

elizabeth ~ so wabi sabi said...

I love, love, love the picnic blanket...the colors and prints worked beautifully together. such a great use of your vintage treasures.

Suzanne said...

i love the popcorn!

melissa said...

what fun!
i love love love the picnic blanket! the prints on the sheets are so vintage-awesome!
the hat is very sweet and that popcorn is just fabulous! what a great idea - i love it!
is it very fiddly to knit? will you be knitting the cranberries too?

Paige said...

Well, I just love all of the stuff you've been making, especially the knitted popcorn. How cool is that??? And what a beautiful quilt and baby hat!

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow Wisconsinite! I LOVE the popcorn garland! I really want to find the pattern but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Your link provided says it's no longer there. Do you have a way to provide it again?...... Jill in Southern WI

quirky granola girl said...

Hi Jill in Southern WI. Knitpicks updated their holiday pattern the following year. The link is here:
http://www.knitpicks.com/cfpatterns/pattern_display.cfm?ID=50884220
They added yellow "hulls" to the popcorn pattern. I like the knit popcorn without it because doing 2 colors in something so small would be too fiddly. They may update the pattern again this year. If you can't find it again, then use the knitpicks search box and type in "holiday patterns". They include the cranberry popcorn in a pattern with tiny sweaters and other holiday knit ornaments.

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)