Patchwork Death Star Pattern

The pattern is posted to my blog. Link in my profile. Please please tag it #patchworkdeathstar.  I'd love to see it.

I was hoping to post this a couple of days ago, but it turns out that I'm not very tech savvy.  Thank goodness I finally pulled it together.  Here is the link for the pdf file for the free pattern and some instructions.

I have a couple of pictures that I took along the way that I'll post here.  If you do make a patchwork Death Star please please please post a link for me to see.  If you are on IG, please tag it #patchworkdeathstar.  Thanks!  I can't wait to see different versions.  I originally dreamed of this all in tiny Libery florals.  Wouldn't that be cool?

Well anyway, here is a shot of a few of my pieces after glue basting.
basted


And here is a picture of the top half pieced and sitting on top of my first drawing of it. 
In process

The final pattern will make an 11x12" block.  The perimeter fabric can easily be made larger by extending the paper pattern.  The Death Star itself could be made bigger by bringing the pdf printouts to a copy store and enlarging them.

May the force be with you. 

23 comments:

daniela said...

omg, how awesome are you?
thank you sooo much for making this pattern available! i have 3 huge star wars fans at home and this is just perfect :)

Issabella The Cat said...

This is so cool! thank you for taking the time to put it together :D

Rebecca Lynne said...

I literally yelled No Way so loud that my husband said what's wrong...then I showed him the photo and he started laughing... This rocks!

Ella said...

Thank you. Thank goodness I have a whole year til the hub's bday.

Lixie said...

You're giving this away for free?! You're awesome. My other half will love this xxc

eccentricallygreen said...

Seriously amazing! I'm so glad you made a quick pattern up, just need to find the most perfect fabric for it now as I have have have to make this :)

Heather said...

For free?! I was totally prepared to shell out $$ for this. Thank you!

melissa said...

hooray for spreading quilty nerdiness across the galaxy!!

Amber said...

You are absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing your quilting nerdiness!

sweetandsaltydesigns said...

This is beyond cool. I can't wait to make this! Thanks a bunch for the pattern!

Janelle @ Emmaline Bags said...

I just finished mine!!! Thank you Melinda! Here it is: http://emmalinebags.blogspot.ca/2014/04/hand-pieced-patchwork-death-star-pillow.html

Elaina said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I love this!!!!! Thanks for sharing your great work with the rest of us! Found you through Janelle @ emmaline bags. Thanks again!

Curly boy said...

Brilliant! It'll make a perfect companion to the Millenium Falcon quilt I'm about to start.

Dorothy Harrison said...

Thanks for sharing. My grandsons will love it!

Stephanie @ Swoodson Says said...

This is so neat!!

Renee said...

Here's my finished mini quilt: http://www.quiltsofafeather.com/2014/05/patchwork-deathstar-mini-quilt.html Thank you so much for the pattern!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is awesome! I definitely need to learn to do patchwork now! ^___^

Paula said...

This is really awesome. Thank you so very much for sharing and for making the pattern available. My husband's birthday is in June and I think this will make a perfect gift for him. I do almost all of my EPP projects with Liberty lawns so I think I will dip into the stack of grey Liberty charms that I recently found online for this one.

Kelly Wilson said...

Adorkable! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the pattern. I'm honestly not sure how I got to your blog (probably flikr) but now I'm following it via email so I don't miss any more neat stuff.

Theglasdiva said...

Love this pattern but I can't seem to get the link to work.
I have the perfect fabric in my stash for this!

C├ęcile said...

Thanks for your pattern! I'm not at all a "SW addict" (I've never seen the movie!) but i lke the design... you could see it on my blog http://feefils.canalblog.com/archives/2014/05/13/29863588.html

Lixie said...

Made mine for husband's 10th anniversary present. https://www.flickr.com/photos/littlelixie/14187962554/ So grateful to you for the pattern! May your thread never tangle x

Ben Calvert said...

I bow at your feet...

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)