Fancy Block Friday

I'm posting my fancy block on time this week!!   (I'm even interrupting my crafting weekend with Melissa to do this post.)  I'm so pleased with how this block turned out that I want to shout from the rooftops.

Here is my sketch from Wednesday night:

sketch


And here is the block I finished just a half hour ago:

block for Vanessa


This is a bee block for a friend in the May Moms Bee.  She sent me cool colors plus red with the instructions to make a block to represent February.  I'm not big on hearts, but paper piecing letters was right up my alley.

Now I'm off to make a potholder for my mom.  Must craft as fast as I can before I get home to the toddler tomorrow.

P.S.: Melissa can attest to the amount of mistakes I made last night in trying to remember how to paper piece again.  There was quite a bit of mild cursing, also.

P.P.S: Amanda made her block on time, too.  I'll have to ask her if there was any cursing on her part.

9 comments:

lily boot said...

Nice! I love your eye for colour - the pale turquoise, the darker turquoise and then that ka-pow red - just beautiful and really crisp.

Amanda Jean said...

oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! i want to copy you.

no cursing here! thankfully. now the asterick block from last week? that was mighty close!

Kylie Lloyd said...

very cute. Well done. Colors look great together.

Leanne said...

I really like this block!

audreypawdrey said...

This is awesome! I am determined to make one this week now that I am home again and settling back into my routine. Yours is so perfect!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Very cool! I had to do a Valentine's themed block once too and I made nearly exactly the same block.

MissesStitches said...

This is beautiful! I really admire you--drawing the pattern yourself. Good for you!

Jen B said...

Fabulous block!

Unknown said...

Totally wonderful block! I wish I could get the hang of paper foundation piecing. I guess I should actually have another go, rather than just assume it's impossible!

I love the fabrics you used in this too ...

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)