But, I wanted a group of strawberries with a differing amounts of white space in between. So I started with a rough sketch of Lauree's block. (This is a *very* rough sketch that I never would have colored or darkened the lines with pen if I wasn't posting it here. I just had to get the idea down on paper quickly.)
Then I did a rough drawing of three berries, (I don't have this intermediate step pictured because I drew over my first drawing.) and then I turned that into a block design.
I made two photocopies of this drawing. One I left as is, but numbered the berries.
The second copy I turned over and placed it on a window and traced the drawing on the wrong side of the paper. When I paper piece, my image gets flipped, so I want to paper piece on the reverse image. After tracing, I cut out the individual berry blocks.
So, I don't have a finished block to post, but I hope it was helpful to show how I turn a sketch into a pattern to work with.
(Sometime soon, I'll have to show you how I number my block for the order
in which I sew the fabrics on.)
Amanda finished a block for her Fancy Friday. You can see it here.