Struggling with a theme

accordion

I am ridiculously behind in bee blocks (I think I have seven to make? or more??), but I hope to fix that starting with this block.  This is an accordion block for the bohemian/gypsy theme for September in the Pastiche Bee.  This theme stumped me for the longest time.  I just didn't even know where to start.  Then I finally sat down with wikipedia and looked up both terms.  That was less than inspiring.  I tried google images and got nowhere.  Lastly I tried searching everyone's uploads on flickr with the term "gypsy" and I stumbled on this image.  Finally, it clicked.  I had to do an accordion. 

Incidentally, this block was sitting on the floor last night (my craft space is already covering my dining room table so I've been cutting fabrics on the floor) and Henry came up and tried to play the keys on this accordion a couple of times.  Then he called it a mandolin.  I guess we need to review his folk instruments again.

6 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

very cool!

Suz J said...

I always enjoy the fabric choices you make - of course the keys could just be black and white... but yours are way more interesting, and why not??

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

This is another amazing block, Melinda! I love it! Hope you're well, xx --J

verykerryberry said...

You always have doubts but your designs are always a triumph!

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe... Who'd have thought of an accordian?! Love it!!!

melissa said...

well a frustrating as struggling with the theme probably was for you the end results are so amazing i'm going to go out on a limb and say it was totally worth it!
those keys alone are so completely awesome!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)