Pony Club Update

I apologize for the grainy quality of the Instagram photos, but I thought that I should update my progress here. I am having a blast with these blocks and each one feels like its own success. That is what I love best about samplers.  Each block feels like an accomplishment.  A quilt made of a bunch of the same blocks just doesn't hold a similar satisfaction for me.

A Dandy
I am not a competitive sport person, but the feeling I get from this block is what I imagine a touchdown would feel like. I have a fluttering joy in my chest and an urge to jump up and pump my fist. A Dandy block, #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

New Jersey
New Jersey block #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

Colt's Corral
I adore using the Dowry fabric in these blocks. Colt's Corral block #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

Hen and Her Chicks
Looking at these blocks makes me feel a little warmer. Hen and Her Chicks block #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

Children's Delight
Children's Delight block #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

July Fourth
July Fourth block #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

Maud's Album
Showing three if the easier blocks from the book tonight.    Maud's Album Quilt block #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

Sheep Fold
Sheep Fold block #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

Ribbons
The first four y-seams were fine and then the last two had to be rescued with some hand stitching. Ribbons block #ponyclubquilt #annamariahorner

Like I mentioned in my last post, if you are tempted by these blocks, please get the book and join in. I'd love to see more versions of these blocks and of this sampler quilt.

In the meantime, I've been getting tempted by a few other samplers out there.  Do you have a favorite sampler that you think I should know about?

5 comments:

Nilya said...

so curious about the finished quilt. Love your fussy cutting!

Anonymous said...

each one of these is like a treasure!
this quilt is going to be beyond amazing my friend!

Linda F. said...

These are all so lovely. Can't wait to see what they will look like all together!

Carla said...

All these blocks are fabulous! I especially love New Jersey. Have you considered 100 Modern blocks by Tula?

Rebecca said...

These are all so great! The colors! I love the colors.

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)