For Pink Sakes

I am participating in the For Pink Sakes Blog Hop hosted by Anna of Life Sew Crafty.  Anna is collecting pink blocks to make a breast cancer quilt.  Her mother-in-law has been fighting breast cancer and she has more information about that here.

For Pink Sakes

For my block, I used the bra block pattern at Paper Panache.  I just fell in love with the duck and duckling fabric and now I wish that I had a bra like this.  Unfortunately, a bra made out of quilting cotton would probably be uncomfortable...

If YOU would like to contribute a pink block to Anna's quilt, please find more information on her blog.  Anna will also be hosting a giveaway on August 2 for anyone who has participated by reposting, sending a pink block, contributions, etc.  The giveaway items are pretty cool, so click through on this link and consider pitching in.

Now go check out the other bloggers on the blog hop!

May 10
Anna of Life Sew Crafty
Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Robin  Miscellaneous Thoughts
Kathy of Kwilty Pleasures

May 24
Jess of Quilty Habit
Melinda of quirky granola girl
Kristyn of Melon Patch Quilts

June 7
Amy of The  Calico Cat
Leanne of Devoted Quilter
Terrie of Quilting Nonnie

June 21
Carla of modern bias
Meli of Munchkin Quilts
Stacey of The Tilted Quilt
Julie of The Crafty Quilter 

July 5
Erin of Sew at Home Mummy
Lyanna of Blue Striped Room
Heather of Quilts in the Queue 

July 19
Katie of Swim Bike Quilt
Sarah of {no} hats in the house
Katie of Snuggle Up with a Dish from Karma

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful cause! This is adorable!

Kristyn @ Melon Patch Quilts said...

checking out all the blog hop posts- LOVE your cute bra block!

Suz J said...

You are slowly making a paper pieced wardrobe aren't you... between the bra, and the shoes, I'm sure I remember a cute little dress at some stage (and there's probably some I've forgotten). I'd quite like a bra like this one too...

Leanne Parsons said...

I'd love a bra like that too! Great block.

Kleep said...

How cute! I feel like a quilting cotton bra would be super cute, and should never be worn.

melissa said...

i want a bra like this too!!
apparently you need to start designing lady's undergarments!

Anna said...

Love the bra block. And thanks again for participating!

Freddie said...

A pink ducky bra would be fab.

Suze said...

I'm a breast cancer survivor and love the bra support block. I love the ducky and pink fabric. Thank you for the link to the block. I think a quilt out of all bras would make a wonderful "support" quilt.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

I luv the bra block. Thanks for participating in the hop for such a great cause.

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)