Busy

The last week has been a whirlwind.  The boxes hid my tree for a few days,

where is the tree?


but it sure was nice to set up my new craft space and see my fabrics again.

red and green unpacking


We took a break from unpacking last weekend to go to DC.  Henry loved his first Metro ride,

first Metro ride


his first visit to the Smithsonian (Natural History Museum, Oceans exhibit),

first visit to the Smithsonian


and playing on the mall near our Metro stop.

view of the Washington Monument


Gift opening was fun but we have to limit the number of gifts so he doesn't get overwhelmed. 

openining gifts


Henry never seems to tire of the holiday treats.  He has been begging to decorate Christmas cookies since October.  We bought some gluten free graham crackers and found a few GF treats to stick to the frosting.  He had so much fun that we will do it again this week.

decorating cookies

But, first, we have a visit from my brother and niece.  It is so nice to see family in our new home.  It makes it all seem more real.

So, I'll be staying busy until after the new year.  Henry will start school on the 2nd and I'll get a little time to myself.  I look forward to catching up with more blogging friends then. 

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

8 comments:

melissa said...

i'm glad you're getting settled in.
sending oh so much love your way!!!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

So happy for you!! Good luck with the next couple of weeks and I look forward to reconnecting soon :) xx

Anna said...

I hope you'll join the DC Modern Quilt Guild. They have their next sewing afternoons on January 19 and February 16.

Good luck with the unpacking!

Gina said...

Happy New Year!! Your new house looks like it has great light. Happy unpacking!!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you're settling into your new home. Did you move for husbands work? What sensible parents, limiting gifts so your son doesn't get overwhelmed. We try to do that too, for our three kids aged 3-9. It's helpful for all children of all ages. Henry looks very happy!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you're settling into your new home. Did you move for husbands work? What sensible parents, limiting gifts so your son doesn't get overwhelmed. We try to do that too, for our three kids aged 3-9. It's helpful for all children of all ages. Henry looks very happy!

Anna said...

oh so fun!!! I love the natural history museum. :) glad you guys are settling in. :)

Claudia said...

I'm just catching up with your blog ... I hope you enjoy the DC area, there are so many things to do (my brother lives in Arlington). Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Claudia

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)