Done!

IMG_7465

This project comes from Rashida Coleman-Hale's book, i love patchwork. It is a ball made entirely by English Paper Piecing. I did the hand stitching on it last year--before I knew better. Now I know that 8-10 stitches per inch is enough. At the time, I was constantly worried that it would fall apart, so I did more like 25-35 stitches per inch. This thing is never coming apart. Which is good. I'm sending it to a friend to welcome her second baby. I reclaimed a rattle from another thrifted toy and placed that rattle inside this ball. So baby will play with it, and older sibling might get in on the fun and test those stitches, too. 

IMG_7464

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I tried something similar years ago, but, typical of me, it's still sitting around here somewhere, unstuffed.

Donna said...

what a fun little gift! i love that elephant print - have been eyeing it for a little while now...

felicity said...

Gorgeous! It looks fantastic and I can't believe you hand pieced it. Bravo!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Oh that is so cute! What a sweet gift.

Souhair said...

Beautiful!

Kylie Lloyd said...

It reminds me of the puzzle balls in Jinny Beyer's book. They are so fun to make.

audreypawdrey said...

Cute!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Such a lovely present!

Amanda Jean said...

This is adorable! I don't think the extra stitches will hurt a bit. Especially if boys are involved. :)

melissa said...

oh did this ever turn out perfectly!
i remember you stitching it up the first time you came to visit me - what fun!!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)