The (non traditional) traditional house block

Kerry's house block


Kerry's theme for the month of May in the Ringo Pie bee was traditional house blocks pieced with an emphasis on using our stash creatively.  I drew up this block using the top right house in this photo.  And then I picked colors based on the flower fabric in the "front yard".  I think it ended up decidedly nontraditional.  I hope that works for her.  If not, this block has grown on me and I won't complain if I make her another one and keep this block.  I particularly like the architectural drawings on the siding of the house.  I'd love it if my own front yard had such big flowers, too.

7 comments:

verykerryberry said...

Love it! definite stash creativity in this one! The scale of prints is very exciting, makes for such a dynamic block x Thankyou x

Lisa C said...

Very very very cute!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

What a great house!! I'm sure she'll adore it.

(And just a side note: there are some distinct points of overlap in our respective fabric stashes, which always make it fun for me to see your fabric choices. These are lovely, as per usual!)

melissa said...

i love this one too.
your fabric choices are perfection - love the blueprints for the house and the flowers you chose for theyard!
look out world... melinda's on a roll!!

Jo @ life in lists said...

ooh, what a lovely house! Definitely qualifies as using your stash creatively! Especially love the cross stitch print as background.

Laura said...

Your house has lots of personality!

Nancy Mc said...

super cute! Do you sleep???

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)