Other sewing

I feel like I only blog about bee blocks and Farmer's Wife sewing now.  But, I have been up to other kinds of trouble with Margene.

bug hat

This reversible bucket hat comes from the book, Oliver + S Little Things to Sew by Liesel Gibson.  Henry loves the bug fabric and I used Carolina Chambray for the other side.

reversible

I have also been working on a picnic quilt made with vintage sheets, some solids and some modern fabrics.  It looks like bright summer sherbet to me. 

picnic quilt

Now I just have to get back to bee blocks and my Farmer's Wife.
I'm not kidding.
 I'm on a sewing meetup visit with Melissa and those are the only projects I brought along with me. :)

12 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, those hats are soooo cute! Your quilt looks very summery, great colors :-). Have a good weekend!

Grey Cat said...

I have to admit that I feel the same way, about what I've been blogging. On the other hand, I'm so close to the end of the Farmer's Wife blocks, I can't bring myself to stop!

Totally love the picnic quilt! It's perfect for the season.

Jo @ life in lists said...

I love that pattern - I made about 5 bucket hats last year, and if the sun ever comes out for long enough to need them, I'll make another couple this year too! Yours looks like a magazine sample, it's so neat!

Lindsey said...

Oh I hope you and Melissa are having a fabulous time!! tell her hi from me.
ps. love the hat!!

Rebecca said...

I love love the summer sherbet quilt! Are they charms?

Carmen said...

Henry's hat is adorable and I LOVE the picnic quilt! I only wish I was that lucky in my vintage sheet searches.

felicity said...

The bucket hat came out beautifully and that quilt top does indeed remind me of delightful sherbet!

Debra said...

I need to make one of these, beautiful picnic blanket. Simple, gorgeous

Mermaid Sews said...

Love that picnic quilt, it's perfect.

Mermaid Sews said...

p.s. do you want a vintage sheet for the back, or other project? I got one for a friend, but she said she already had it. And, I don't collect vintage sheets and don't need another thing to collect? Anyway, yours for free if you like. Pic in my photostream.

melissa said...

love the hat and oh that picnic quilt... swoon!
why didn't we go on a picnic when we were in lacrosse?!?!

Sew Surprising said...

Love the bucket hats, and the Sherbet picnic blanket is pure Summer in colour :)

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)