Summer

I have not disappeared off the edge of the Earth.  It is just full-on summer here, complete with heat and visitors and water play.

must cool off with a good water fight


But there has been plenty of sewing, too.  Here is the landscape themed block for Lucinda in the Pastiche Bee.

landscape block

thread sketching detail


I have two more bee blocks in process as well as a tutorial coming up soon.  And, of course, there is lots of sandbox play, splashing in the pool and one person in the household is practicing his tricycle!  I hope you are enjoying the season no matter which hemisphere you are on.

12 comments:

Kylie said...

Melinda I love your landscape block so much. It's so beautiful. It has such a lovely calm feel about it. I just want to step right in!
Glad to see you're keeping cool. I'm enjoying wrapping my hands around hot tea to keep warm :)

Debbie said...

Fun times!! Your landscape block is really cool!

Prof. S said...

Enjoy summer!!!!

Joanna @ Shape Moth said...

You really enjoy the summer! Great photo :D And the Pastiche block is amazing - love how you used the text fabric on those trees.

Beth said...

Oh, that block is wonderful. So creative! And I think I have said this every time I have commented here but I LOVE your fabric choices and combos!

elnorac said...

Waaaaah! Another makes-me-happy-to-be-alive block! The piecing is incredible, of course, but the thread stitching really finishes it off. Lucky Lucinda!

basildonkitchens said...

That is an amazing block - the way it all comes together! Very peaceful too!

Enjoy summer!

melissa said...

oh golly - this turned out so completely fabulous! i love that i got to be with you for the beginning phase, it makes seeing the end results that much more special!
you are just too good.

Molli said...

I'm going out on a limb and saying this birch block is my fave ever!

Molli said...

I'm going out on a limb and saying this birch block is my fave ever!

Gina said...

Looks like your family knows how to have fun! Your block is amazing!

cmvs said...

ooh i think these trees are my favorite block of yours ever! they are SO SO gorgeous! LOVE them!

(but actually now i'm remembering the houses and would have a hard time picking my favorite. let's just say i have two favorites ever)

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)