I ran out of basting spray. I couldn't use pins because I am hand quilting it with my frame. And I have no flippin' idea why I stretched it out on the floor. It took me the whole. darned. day. to complete. My plan is to densely quilt this with perle cotton, so I thought I had better densely baste it. Well, crawling around on the floor all day has done a number to my back and my hips. So, please don't follow my lead. If you decide to thread baste something and you have any option at all to put it on a table, please do. This has been a public service announcement.
Other notes I want to add about this quilt:
- the houses in this quilt are only about 4",
- the green strips of lawn were inspired by this quilt,
- I made four of the blocks, but the other thirteen were made by the ladies in this bee,
- I have two tutorials posted for making tiny house blocks if you are interested: one and two.