Quilt As You Go (and then quilt more later)

I've always wanted to use Penny's tutorial (parts one and two) to make a QAYG block.  The plan behind the tutorial is to sew the block together with the batting on all at once.  Then you can make lots of blocks and then just attach them at the end and make one huge quilt. 

QAYG block

Well, I was only making one block...and I was am still in my hand quilting everything in sight phase.

QAYG block

QAYG block

QAYG block

QAYG block

QAYG block

I recommend checking out the tutorial and trying it at least once.  It is a super fun way to use some favorite scraps.

9 comments:

Flaun of I Plead Quilty! said...

Your added stitches are the sweetest! The chickens made me chuckle.

Toni said...

That is such a fun block! I love those little girls with umbrellas!

melissa said...

oh my! i love all your little detailed stitchery!

Cassie said...

adorable! sounds like a fun project, I'll just have to put qayg on my never ending list :)

Gina said...

Cute block!! I love how you have highlighted designs with stitching!

Suz J said...

I will be very interested to see what you do with your one, lonely, sad block - doesn't it want another hundred blocks to be friends with??? Had a good old read of the tutorial parts 1,2 3 & 4 - I think this is a much easier way of getting the straight line stitching look without all the problems of large quilts/small machine. I'm just not sure about the final finishing stage - I think the back could quite possibly look floppy.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

oh this is so beautiful! I love the embroidery!

Lindsey said...

Ohhh cool technique! I like it a lot.
and I love you sweet little chickens.

Anonymous said...

the stitching you added is like discovering a secret! or like when one of those eye-googly 3D images finally "clicks" in your brain. beautiful!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)